Responsible for helping to oversee the day-to-day process and management of the building Day Porters. The Lead Day Porter will perform building inspections, lead extensive training sessions, communicate with Property Management, etc., to assist in achieving the goal of cleanliness and pristine appearance of the interior and exterior of all properties in the portfolio. They will focus on tenant satisfaction and high quality standard.
Day Porter Manager
- Will directly oversee a team of 25+ team members on a day to day basis
- Regularly assess direct team members to ensure they’re exemplifying the company core values in terms of performance, attitude and professionalism
- Deliver annual performance reviews to direct team members
- Responsible for ensuring the interior and physical surroundings of a building are in pristine condition
- Responsible for working with HR Generalist to handle performance issues and conducting disciplinary action
- Monitor and approve timesheets and time off request for direct team members
- Work with Property Management Teams within the assigned portfolio to ensure all teams are meeting business needs and performance expectations
- Consistently deliver a high level of customer service
- Maintain and assist in the continuous development of the company’s New Hire Training Program for Day Porters
- Assist with instructing continuing education training sessions for existing Day Porters.
- Perform regular inspections of interior of assigned portfolio, including tenant spaces, to observe and assess quality of work of direct team members as well as the nighttime janitorial staff
- Communicate all inspection findings to the appropriate Property Management Team and Day Porter Manager
- Ensure that Day Porters are using proper/appropriate cleaning products and tools
- Ensure Day Porters are following dress code guidelines
- Constantly look for ways to improve processes and efficiency in daily Day Porter tasks and communicate suggestions to Day Porter Managers
- Respond quickly to all emergency situations
- Make sure proper Day Porter coverage has been assigned or arranged to ensure continuous operation and safety within our buildings
- Keep up to date in knowing the operating procedures associated with each building site
- Provide guidance and coaching to Day Porters as needed to help maximize productivity and increase efficiency in their daily tasks
- Demonstrate the ability to confidently lead and motivate team members
- Seek out and eliminate inefficiencies in team processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize emergency calls.
- Must excel in a team environment.
- Must have high school diploma or the equivalency of the same.
- Janitorial experience a must.
- Must have basic smart phone and computer skills
- Must possess leadership qualities
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, including climbing stairs, and/or to move from one work site to another.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Vision: Visual acuity adequate to read small print and to drive a motor vehicle is required.
- Hearing: The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented in English in person and on the phone is required.
- Speaking: The ability to talk to others in English in person and on the phone and effectively convey information is required when speaking with customers, fellow team members or leaders who only speak English.
- This position works inside and outside. The inside is heated in the winter and air-conditioned in the summer. The team member may be exposed to outside elements present at the time work is being performed including, but not limited to, exposure to heat, extreme cold, rain, snowfall, wind and humidity.
- The team member is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The team member is subject to outside environmental conditions: No effective protection from weather.
- The team member is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the team member to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level
- The team member is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The team member is subject to atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- The team member is required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
- The team member is exposed to various chemicals including paint, turpentine and cleaning chemicals.
- Modest & Secure
- Independently Driven
- Intelligently Collaborative
- Never Satisfied
- Relentless Commitment to Service